Apr 29, 2014

Elder Adamek Weekly Update - Apr. 28, 2014

Happy day to you all!
It's miracle that I've been here in Idaho for almost a month! Everything here is a miracle even when it doesn't seem like it.
I had a flashback this week when I was able to feed a couple Guernsey (sp?) cows at a Church member's home. It reminded me of when I would attempt to feed Holstein calves when I was younger. Attempt is the keyword. They pretty much licked my hands off my arms!
Things are going pretty well here in Caldwell! Our ward saw one missionary return home from Pennsylvania and another leave to start his mission in Pennsylvania! The returnee went out visiting people with me one evening and it was a great experience! My companion, Elder Mosher, had to conduct an interview for a baptism candidate in another town. We conducted what we call "splits", where my companion goes one way, and I go another. I went with this returned missionary and another high school-aged church member visiting people learning about the restored Gospel and Church. With them there it wasn't as weird not having Elder Mosher around like he always is.
Last Wed., I attended a new missionary meeting where the Mission President taught the group of missionaries who started the same time I did, about the Doctrine of Christ. This doctrine is what missionaries teach. It consists of faith in Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. This doctrine's purpose is to bring people closer to Jesus Christ. I know it is true because as I've learned and applied the principles of the doctrine in my life, I have gotten closer to Christ. http://www.mormon.org/beliefs/jesus-christ
Missionary work is stressful, especially as you desire to help as many people as you can. It can be over thought, over cooked, and over the top. The doctrine of Christ is simple, as is the rest of the restored Gospel. Even children can understand things of eternity because of its simplicity. The reason God's truths are simple is because He loves us and wants us to understand how we can get closer to Him. Even though it's simple, I'm always learning more about it.
It is clear to me that God answers prayers, even those not uttered. One evening, we felt the need to check up on a man who had been sick this week. We talked with his wife who described the symptoms he was experiencing. The person who was with Elder Mosher and I as we made our visits, just happened to be a pediatrician who was able to get the proper mix of medication for this man. His health began to improve and he made it to church this past Sunday. We would not have been able to help this man had the pediatrician not been with us.
God answers prayers and He often answers them through the people surrounding us. I know that the power of prayer is real and that anyone can find out of its truthfulness if they pray sincerely and with real intent to act upon the answer that comes.
I hope that you all have a fantastic week wherever you are.
With charity,

Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write