Jul 21, 2014

Elder Adamek Weekly Update - July 21, 2014

Dear friends,

This past week has been a good one. I was informed that there were fires burning throughout Idaho, Oregon, and Washington, which I would have otherwise been oblivious to. I suppose the smoke clouding the mountains and the sky should have been enough evidence for me, but I didn't know it was smoke . . . I love Minnesota. I heard about the flooding taking place in my home state and I hope and pray that it isn't too bad. News of dramatic goings-on throughout the world have also reached my ears. Though it interests me, I have found that focusing on serving others and developing a stronger faith in Jesus Christ has helped me not worry too much about what goes on in the world. I believe that if we focus on these two things, the terrible things that occur in the world will be thought about and experienced through a better and more healthy perspective. 

I noticed on a television tuned into the MLB Network that the All-Star Game was this past weekend in Minnesota. This probably caused me the greatest amount of homesickness I've had since I started my mission four months ago! The Minneapolis skyline entranced me like it always has. I hope you Minnesotans had a good time!

I have re-discovered the miracles of oatmeal for breakfast. It actually helps me stay awake during the morning hours when I am studying from the scriptures. 

I must go on to another week for the library lady has told me to leave this computer.

Love,

Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write