Jul 7, 2014

Elder Adamek Weekly Update - July 7, 2014

A happy 7th of July to you all!

I hope you all had a good 4th of July! It is remarkable to ponder the history of the United States of America and to realize that the organization and refining of this nation has brought about much to be grateful for. I am especially grateful for the religious freedoms that we have here. The creation of this nation was inspired and divinely guided by God. I took a class in college on the Constitution of the United States. By no means did I become an expert on it. I did write a paper on how religion and theological beliefs influenced the crafting of the document and I do believe that God inspired our founding fathers to organize this nation that it would stand for a long time.

I was able to watch some fireworks from the apartment window. All missionaries in our mission were expected to stop working after dinner, so we wouldn't have wildly drunk and patriotic people shooting bottle rockets at us. I think it was a good idea.

The Nampa Idaho Mission is now one-year old! I can't say that I celebrated too much with cake and ice cream, but I am very grateful that I am here in this mission. The mission was split off from the Boise Mission last July and that was also an inspired decision. More missionaries are being sent here to Idaho because of that happening and, as a result, more and more people are finding out just who the Mormons are and what we believe.

I initially thought that the heat out here would cause people to become more agitated at us. I underestimated the graciousness of the people in Idaho. We have had people give us water and "freezies", which apparently are called Otter-Pops.

My companion, Elder Hatefi, went to the temple this past week to witness a couple get married for time and eternity. I did not go with him, but instead spent time with a couple other Elders. One of them was sick, so we weren't able to go out and work, except to help a family trim trees and scrape paint, but that was fun!

We met a very nice, elderly woman and spoke with her. At the end of our visit, she told us that us visiting her had lifted her spirits and meant a lot to her. THIS IS MISSIONARY WORK. I felt the Savior's love for her and knew in that moment that we were His servants. We can all be servants. The world would be a better place, with a lot less contention.

Love,

Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write