Oct 7, 2014

Elder Adamek Weekly Update - Oct. 6, 2014

Greetings!

What a really good week! It's always a good week when you get to watch a movie! Yes, missionaries got to watch a movie this past week! Of course, it was about Mormons. It's a film that will be released on Oct. 10 called Meet the Mormons. It's showing in limited theaters around the country and highlights six families that live in the USA or around the world. I really enjoyed it, especially the beginning which included a number of pop culture references about Mormons to explain some common misunderstandings about Mormons; i.e: South Park. We even got popcorn before the movie! That's a party by missionary standards. :)

Lots of screen time this week since General Conference occurred this past weekend. The leaders of the Church gave many inspired talks that answered questions and concerns that I didn't even realize I had. One of the points emphasized during the conference was that there are prophets on the earth today that have power and authority given to them from God, just like in Old Testament and New Testament times. Also emphasized was just how easy it is to find out for yourself if the message of the Restoration and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true: Pray about it. 

Prior to the Sunday morning session, I watched the Music and the Spoken Word broadcast and was again reminded of why I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The message was about pondering and how God can speak to us through our thinking about things. Great peace and order can come from thinking. I often overthink things, but I appreciated this message about the purpose of pondering. Coupled with prayer, pondering yields inspiration and perspective. On a mission, sometimes it feels like everything is go, go, go, but taking time to think has helped me out a lot. I write a lot in my journal.

My camera died, otherwise I would include some pictures!

I hope you all have had a wonderful week and I hope you have a good one this week!

Love,

Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write