Nov 25, 2014

Elder Adamek Weekly Update - Nov. 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

It's a good time of year to remember the things we are most grateful for. I feel like this past week presented itself with a great many things for which I am grateful and was a microcosm of experience that usually prompts those feelings of gratitude.

I am grateful for my health. Missionaries get sick. Some go home and aren't able to return because of their health. My companion has been dealing with some health issues and has taught me a lot about how to persevere and be positive through ailments. 

I am grateful for the Holy Spirit. I am becoming more and more aware of the Spirit's influence in my life and the all-encompassing influence it is. We had a conference of missionaries this past week and I felt the Spirit there, teaching me, testifying of truth to me, and also encouraging me. I know that the Holy Spirit is real. 

I am grateful for my calling as a missionary. It has taught me many important things of eternal worth. 

I am grateful for my family. Serving as a missionary has helped me understand and appreciate the family unit more than anything else in my life. Being away from my family hasn't caused me to feel distant from them, but more appreciative and close to them.

I am grateful for learning opportunities and trials. Only through these have I recognized things that I can and need to change and subsequently found greater joy and happiness.

I am grateful for the example of Jesus Christ. His character is perfect and I have found through study, prayer, and application of things I've had settle in my heart that I can develop those attributes as well.

I am grateful for Jesus Christ. His sacrifice is everything to me.

I am grateful for my Heavenly Father. He loves me and I love Him. 

There are many other things that I'm grateful for, but they would probably be all things that can be boiled down to these things. 

Have a great week. I love you all!

Love,

Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write