Mar 17, 2015

New Year - E. Adamek Mission Mar. 16, 2015

Good day!

It is an interesting truth that I have been out in the mission field for one year. In one year I will be making a return flight to Minnesota. On to other things now . . .

It was a dichotomous week. Spiritual highs and lows. I went to the temple in Boise. This was as spiritually uplifting of an experience as I have had on my mission. The presence of the Holy Ghost produced awareness and peace that was particularly inspiring and comforting. 

The other truth experienced this past week was that there is opposition in all things. What with E. Barker overcoming sickness and I experiencing trials and growing pains pertaining to leadership responsibilities and personal development, it was clear that the Lord is preparing me to overcome whatever may occur throughout the next year and beyond. 

The Atonement of Jesus Christ washes us clean from our sins. In the scriptures it describes this process as turning your sins from scarlet to being white as wool (Isaiah 1:18) I learned this past week that unless we forgive ourselves, we will never fully be changed to "white", but remain in a pinkish color that is neither red nor white. Taking full advantage of the Atonement enables us to become completely clean with no remaining residue or color from the past. Easier said than put into practice and full application. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how it has made me a new person. I have been able to witness the Atonement have such an impact on the lives of those my companion and I work with. It is always a miracle.

I hope you each have a wonderful week!


​Not a picture I took, but this is the Boise Idaho Temple we visited.






































Elder Bradley was my MTC companion and it was very nice to be reunited with him on the occasion of going to the temple again!






































​Holiness to the LORD, the House of the LORD

Love,

Elder Adamek


No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write