Apr 13, 2015

New Area - E. Adamek Mission Apr. 13, 2015

Hello from Payette!

I received a phone call on Sat. Apr. 11, telling me that I would be leaving the following Monday, today, to go to Payette, Idaho. Adjusting our plans, E. Barker and I visited many people throughout that day and the next. I was eager and excited to go on to the next place and new adventures, but also felt the sadness of leaving those people whom I have grown to love and appreciate. 

I am extremely grateful for the seven months I was able to be in Kuna. I learned so much there. I learned a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the importance of the family and other principles that I will be trying to apply and expand upon throughout the rest of my life. I would not have been able to tell you before I went to Kuna that I would have learned as much as I have or what I have. 

I know that the Lord's timing is perfect. I know that the Holy Spirit truly changes people's hearts. I know that my heart has been changed, multiple times even. I am eager to continue to foster greater change within myself and I know that I won't be able to do that without God.

I was thrust into a whirlwind of change. Payette is a smaller town though still bigger than what I am used to being around back home. I am no longer on a bike, but riding in a car. I have not just one companion, but two, which doesn't happen frequently. I am looking forward to all the learning opportunities I will have here. 

A tender mercy of the Lord: Payette is the hometown of Harmon Killebrew, who was a star player for my Minnesota Twins baseball team. 

I know that the Lord prepares us for the times ahead and that the challenges we will face in the future will be overcome by the preparation we undergo today. 

I love you all and I hope that peace of mind and heart will come to you this next week despite anything that may cause you to wonder "Why?", "How?", or "What for?" I know that the love of God is real.

Love,

Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write