Jul 14, 2015

New Beginnings - E. Adamek Mission July 13, 2015



Hi everyone,

I just got off the phone with a lady who is really having a tough time in her life. She has some bad habits, the consequences of which are amplified by other negative influences in her life that are outside of her control at this point. I spoke with her for about 20 minutes, trying to help her calm down. During this time, I felt woefully inadequate in my own strength and understanding of being able to help her. However, as I prayed (and my companion as well) to know what to do and say, I felt confidence steer me to act and talk in ways that I would not have been able to do otherwise. This confidence was in the Lord. 

Throughout this past week, I have had similar feelings run through my mind and heart. Another such time was when I visited the home of Janet and Charlie, the recently married couple, after Charlie was able to baptize his wife this past weekend. As we sat in their home and I saw pictures of Elder Sorensen and I with them on their wedding day, I was taken aback and felt a feeling of surprise that I, Anton Adamek, had been a part of that. And not just that experience, but the more important series of changes and progress that the Lord inspired them to make as we taught and visited them these past several weeks. In that moment of surprise, my life experience suddenly seemed so abstract and not real. 

Then the Holy Ghost confirmed to my heart and mind that all these things were real.

I want you all to know that despite any challenges or trials or bad news or sufferings or illness or weakness or emotional/spiritual/physical limitation or frustrations or anger or hate or distrust or loneliness, that you have a Heavenly Father and a Savior who love you and sees your capacity to become more than you are or feel you can become right now. 

I love you!

Love,
Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write