Jul 6, 2015

New Couple - E. Adamek Mission July 6, 2015



Good morning everyone!

This past week didn't pass very quickly and that's a good thing, because it was amazing!

The biggest news was that Janet and Charles got married! It was a wonderful day. Nearly everyone else was there and they weren't, so we were joking that they were late for the wedding. It all got done and they were so happy. They have been together for over a decade, but to see their commitment to each other be strengthened through the bonds of matrimony before God. They experienced some significant opposition this past week. They had moved to a new place and were getting overwhelmed with all that was going on. The priesthood power is real. We gave each of them blessings and then dedicated their home. The atmosphere in their home changed and each time we have gone over to their place since then, we feel an abundance of the Spirit there. The home is truly a place where families can get very close to God and have peace and calm and retreat from the world.

I went on an exchange this past week with an Elder in La Grande. So many trees. Beautiful. We prayed about where to go and felt impressed to knock on this one door. I became preoccupied with trying to manage a dog that would dart out and I would coax it back in. Some girls ran by and it ran out at them, so there I was apologizing and reining this dog in that wasn't even mine while my companion taught the girl that we were actually visiting. Things got calmed down and I joined in at the end of the conversation, just long enough to feel the Spirit very strongly and invite the person to be baptized. I'm pretty sure this is one of the first times I've invited a person to be baptized right there after just knocking on their door. She said yes though. I know the Lord guides us, not just missionaries, to those people who are seeking for answers and direction in their lives. We just need to put our antennae out and receive those messages from God so we can act on them and experience the happiness that comes from acting on those promptings. 

We met a guy named Rob this past week. He was super nice and recognizes that our message can help him and his family. He's met with missionaries a number of times, but hasn't seen us in a while. He got off an a tangent about craft beer and how its better than Coors Light. When I shared a scripture with him, it was about how the restored Gospel enriches our lives and adds to the light and truth that we already have in our lives. Just continuing to teach, I stated that it's like having craft beer over Coors Light. I tied it in super well even though I've never had either of those drinks. At the end, Rob was super impressed and shook my hand saying that he had never heard a spiritual message that tied in craft beer. haha!

Went and visited Haines for Independence Day! Super small town, but big crowds. Dropped my sno-cone. We had to be in early to our house because of all the crazy antics people get into during the celebration. Met a guy who told us that he believes humans came from a "primordial ooze", which I took to mean evolution from a single cell organism, but I had never heard it put that way before. It was a good day to be in the park, Sat. the 4th of July.

I'm super pumped to be here in Baker City still with Elder Knighton, who is my new companion from Utah. Things will go well.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write