Feb 29, 2016

New Sight - Elder Adamek Mission Feb. 29, 2016



Hi everyone!

The week exploded. There were miracles every day.

The sounds of a Minnesotan accent came to me this week during an exchange with the great Elder Stucki. He's not from Minnesota, but a couple that we met with is. I was able to share my testimony and experience in discovering the Church and Gospel in that great state! Perhaps the greatest state of all, right everyone? :)

There is a song sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir titled "Homeward Bound". I've listened to it a few times recently and it has become one of my favorites. I heard it a few weeks ago as Elder Bradley and I were driving and the Spirit touched my heart in a tremendous way. During perhaps the most moving part of the song, we drove past a white Chevy Equinox. This was the same vehicle that I had driven while serving up in Baker City last summer. As we drove past and inspired by the music, I caught a glimpse of some people in the car. In that moment, I saw his face. I saw his brow furrow in concentration as he looked at a planner, trying desperately to understand what God would have him do. I saw the sweat drop off his face that had come after knocking on many, un-answering doors. He pushed his glasses up that were sliding down his face. I saw the other man in the car looking earnestly at him, prayers in his eyes for the same purpose. And then, I saw relief, understanding, and light crash over him. He looked up with a face full of desire and love. Answers had come, not from his own mind, but from One far greater. 

I looked into my face.

I take so much joy out of the fact that we are all brothers and sisters. Our relationships with each other are important and they are eternal. They get strained, dropped, forgotten, disconnected, misunderstood, and poorly maintained, but they are vital. Above all these relationships, however, is the one we have between us and our Father in Heaven. He sees all. He understands all. He never yells, blame, blocks, unfriends, or gives up on you. As we focus on Him and our relationship with Him, He will help us to make more out of the relationships we are struggling to have. I know that the relationship we have with Him makes the most difference in the relationship we have with others.

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. It is He who makes it possible for us to receive the divine help from Father. He is our Brother. I love Him and I love Father. Their love for me helps me see.

Love,
Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write