May 19, 2015

New Connection - E. Adamek Mission May 18, 2015



Hi everyone!

I went the whole week with only two sips of root beer . . . and then I had two mugs of it on Sat. night. I decided to celebrate the end of the Apple Blossom Festival here in Payette. It was appropriate.

A nice thunderstorm rolled in Sunday evening. We were visiting with an investigator and opened up the windows and doors. When one thunder crack sounded directly overhead, she wasn't all that happy, but my companion from Missouri and I had huge smiles on our faces. I didn't think that I would miss thunderstorms that much considering how my anxiety would increase whenever a violent one would blow in over in Minnesota. 

That visit turned out to be a great one. We were teaching about the Word of Wisdom, which is a set of commandments relating to health and wellness that was given to Church members in the 1830s. Whenever we teach about it, we invariably teach about the calling of Joseph Smith as a prophet. The Holy Spirit there was strong. 

That visit was also great because we were able to make breaded chicken. It turned out all right!

It's always great to make a connection back to Minnesota. I had one with a family we ate dinner with this past week. They had lived close to the temple in Minnesota for several years, so we talked a little about the state. Not a real deep connection, but just enough to ground me a little bit more. 

I hope you had a wonderful week everyone!

Love,
Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write