Mar 21, 2016

New Missionary - Elder Adamek Mission Mar. 21, 2016



Hello everyone,

Within the first three months of this mission, I found a scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants that I have worn on the back of my name tag ever since.

"Behold, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." - D&C 64:33

Since that time, I have become increasingly aware of the Lord's hands in my life and the lives of others. It has been a key influence in my learning and service as a missionary for Jesus Christ.

The names people have seen on my chest are Elder Adamek and Jesus Christ. I am His. I am His missionary. I represent Him. His love, obedience, diligence, hope, and every other good thing He possesses has been increased in myself, by His power and His authority. I have taught His doctrine, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, by the Holy Spirit. This is only the beginning.

Upon the completion of my mission here in just over a day, I will still get to be His missionary and continue to represent Him. I know that I can continue to become more like Him. I know He suffered and died and was resurrected for me so that I can try, fail, try again, fail some more, try again some more, but ultimately succeed through Him. 

I know Jesus Christ is the Master Teacher, the Master Healer, the Master Listener. He loves unconditionally. He is the Savior and the Redeemer of all. His life is a perfect example for us all. There is no other person, idea or thing that can save us. He is the only one who can and does.

I am grateful that I was able to share this experience with you all. I know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and will work miracles in our lives as we sincerely desire and ask Him to.

Love,
Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write