Jun 2, 2014

Elder Adamek Weekly Update - May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day to all!

I am very grateful to be serving a mission in the United States where there is freedom of worshiping and advocating religious beliefs. We believe that "we claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may." - Article of Faith 11

That freedom of sharing our religious beliefs receives plenty of flack. For example, one person this past week decided to answer the door while knowing full well that we stood on the other side and proceeded to yell, "NO!" and slam the door. Such is the life of a missionary at times.

I met another man this past week from LaCrosse, Wisc. It's interesting that I have been making more connection back to the Minnesota area where I'm from than my companion who is from Utah! Everyone knows where Utah is! I'm sure the tables will turn in the future.

I am constrained on time, but I would just briefly like to share that I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that through His Atonement, we are able to change and become better, more like Him. He set the perfect example. His sacrifice not only enabled us to be forgiven of our mistakes, but to gain an enabling power that can sustain us through each moment and help us improve and continue down the path to eternal life with Him and our Heavenly Father.

Love,

Elder Adamek

No comments:

Post a Comment

where you can think and write